The recipe for these popped up on my timehop today so I knew I had to make them and tell you all about it! These are so clean and healthful and have a salty sweet twist because of the bacon! Muffins don’t have to have flour, as you will find! These are awesome – you can also feel free to add some dark chocolate chips if you’d like!
- 5-6 pieces nitrite free cooked bacon, chopped
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao
- 1/2 cup chopped raw nuts (I used cashews)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (remove pit)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of cinnamon & sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 350. Cook your bacon on the stove and chop it into pieces first! Then:
Mix dry ingredients together and wet ingredients separately. Be sure your egg and maple syrup are close to room temperature before mixing in your melted coconut oil (or the coconut oil will solidify). Then add your wet ingredients to your dry and blend well, spooning into 12 lined muffin tins. Bake for ~30 minutes and enjoy! Good as a snack or on the go breakfast!