Oh man – nothing like a stuffed sweet potato. Especially when you get creative and add all sorts of delicious flavorful things! This is a really quick meal – I promise!
Ingredients (serves 2) :
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and diced
- 1 organic apple of choice, chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and diced
- small handful raw cashews
- 2 medjool dates, chopped and pitted
- 2 handfuls raw organic spinach
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- sea salt, pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 and cook sweet potatoes for 1 hour, on a baking sheet. Meanwhile, heat some coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add your onions and garlic and chicken and cook for a few minutes. Then add your seasonings, just dashes of each will do. Next add your chopped apple and cook until chicken looks done, 8-10 minutes. Last, add your raw spinach and cashews and cook down. Squeeze 1/2 lime over everything and give it a good stir.
Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing open and stuffing full of the deliciousness! Top with your raw medjool dates. Enjoy with or without some sliced avocado.