This can be eaten cold or hot; with or without some raw organic yogurt OR my personal fav, APPLE SAUCE. Just make sure you buy unsweetened apple sauce and ingredients should be 100% organic apples.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 apples of choice (organic), chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup goat milk (I like goat milk because it is easily digested; you can also sub coconut milk/water – just be sure the coconut milk is the canned, organic kind because that is the only clean one I have found)
- 2 whole eggs + 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1/4 cup raw, local honey (or 100% pure maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk your eggs and add in the rest of the liquid ingredients. Add the wet to try dry and mix well, adding the apples in last. Pour into a medium sized baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it – if you use a smaller baking dish it may need to go a little longer as it will be thicker. A larger baking dish is more spread out so it will cook faster. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with either additional apple sauce or raw organic yogurt. YUM. Serves 6.