OMG. This workout is such a killer I can’t even. It works your core and shoulders more than anything else, but, also works legs a little too. If you want to be breathless and sweaty and totally worn out, definitely do this one!!! After I finished the 3 circuits, I did more shoulder work (because I am nuts) so you can leave that part out. I rested for a bit while I posted my Insta videos of the workout and then I wanted extra shoulder pump so now I am definitely feeling it! Here it is::
PART 1, 4 ROUNDS:
- 5 MANMAKER (I used 25# DBs; start in plank, do a pushup on the DBs and then row your right arm, followed by left, and then jump feet in and stand up. That is 1 rep.)
- 5 DB THRUSTER (these are self-explanatory)
- 3-5 WALL RUNS (go to the wall and in a plank, begin to walk your feet back and up the wall as you walk your arms in. This is super challenging so if it’s too much you can substitute 1×45 second handstand hold or do fewer wall runs)
PART 2, 3 ROUNDS
- 15 burpees
- 15 KB swing (I used 45#)
- 20 weighted step-ups on bench (I used 2 20# DBs)
PART 3, 5 ROUNDS
- 5 hang power clean (I did 55# loaded barbell throughout)
- 5 thrusters
- 10 front rack lunges (forward stepping lunges)
- 5 backsquat (You can rest as much or little as you need. Don’t die! Drink lots of water and take a break whenever necessary. Scale as needed. Seriously, no shame. Use whatever weight is challenging enough to wear you out but not too hard so you can’t complete the sets/reps.)
After that I did:
-4×10 upright row (25# DBs)
-3×12 lat raises (12# DBs)
-3×12 single arm DB press (I used 25#)
-3×10 bicep curls (20# DBs)
-Burnout sets of bicep curls using 15# DBs.
You can check my instagram for videos of all of these exercises. I posted them today. So if you aren’t following me there, go check me out @dirtcleankitchen !
After this workout I went home and made a protein shake with 1/2 cup dry oats, handful spinach, 1 cup water, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 scoop vanilla Julian Bakery paleo protein, 1 tsp maca powder and a dash of cinnamon. After that, I downed a 2 egg + egg white frittata with spinach, onion, red pepper and a little bit of raw goat cheddar since we currently have some! I like to have a protein shake immediately after my workout and then a second meal about 1.5-2 hours after that. It is so important to have 30 g carb and 20-30 gram protein right after a workout. Don’t neglect your postworkout fuel as it’s the only way to nourish your muscles and facilitate muscle growth!
HAPPY SUNDAY!! Now I am finishing up meal prep (chicken salad – recipe coming later on today) as well as roasting some sweet potatoes and I already boiled a ton of eggs and have plenty of other meats to make some meals later on this week for dinner including wild caught salmon, pork shoulder and a chuck roast for a “paleo” pot roast (using sweet potatoes instead of white as well as adding some organic green apples, and celery! YUM)!