If you really want to grow your glutes, work them often and work them in a variety of ways. Heavy movements, lighter/higher rep movements, and band work. You can do exercises like clamshells and banded side walks and things as often as every single day. Trust me – the glutes can handle that. Things like heavy squats, Romanian deadlifts, Bulgarian split squats and hip thrusts should be worked around 2x a week with a few days of rest in between. Here is what I did today for my glutes! I also worked them on Monday where I did back & front squats, barbell hip thrusts, walking lunges; and I did heavy deadlifts with back on Wednesday + weighted hyperexentions AND weighted step ups plus more band work. All I want for Christmas is a firm, round, muscular big booty.
Trust me ladies – endless cardio isn’t the answer to get a perfect butt! It will require lots of dedication and weekly training in a variety of exercises and of course eating clean 24/7 and eating enough clean carbs. Here is today’s workout!
12-3-16 lower body
- Ham curls warmup/walking lunges/air squats
- Hip thrust: 215: 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6; 225: 6; 185: 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8
- RDL (90#): 12, 12, 10, 10
- KB swing (these work the glutes really well too!) 45#: 20, 15, 15, 15, 15
- Cable kickback burnout 3×15 (each leg)
- Cable diagonal kickback 3×15 (each leg)
- Butt blaster : 4×10 with pause at top
- Ham curls: 6x heavy 8-10 + single leg
- 2×30 heavy band clamshells (each leg)
- 6×10-15 weighted calf raises (neutral, turned in and turned out; ~130-150#)