OMG. These burgers are the best ever you guys! I love a burger just like anyone else but I don’t love the non-grassfed versions with random ingredients. I prefer to make them myself at home where I can control all the ingredients and buy high quality meat and toppings. This burger is perfect for special occasions! I love to wrap with organic Romaine lettuce and add some fresh red onion and the yogurt mint sauce is SO REFRESHING.
This meal will serve 4 people. Or have two nights of burgers for 2 people!
HERE WE GO!
- 1 lb fresh ground lamb
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, pepper, to taste
- coconut oil, for cooking
- Organic romaine lettuce (wrapping the burger)
- Red onion (topping; sliced)
- A few fresh, organic spinach leaves
- Against the Grain gourmet burger buns (optional, if you prefer to have a bun instead of just lettuce wrap!)
FOR THE YOGURT MINT SAUCE:
- 1 small container of plain full fat or nonfat Greek yogurt (I like organic)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 1 handful chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced well
Take your meat and add the salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix well and form into 4 patties.
Now, heat some coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add your burgers and cook about 4 minutes per side (I like mine almost medium rare – a little pink – but cook as long as you like).
Serve the burger in a piece of rinsed romaine lettuce and top with red onion and yogurt mint sauce and sides of choice! Yum!
A few pictures below of my burger variations. If you want a bun, the only buns I have found that I love and eat that are gluten free are the Against the Grain brand and you can find them at Whole Foods. I will take them out of the freezer and let thaw for 30 minutes and lightly toast them in the cast iron pan – hot- with a touch of grassfed butter right after I cook the burgers. (My spicy kale recipe can be found HERE.)